Friday, February 8, 2008

Parvo, ugh.

We've got a bona-fide case of Parvo at the hospital this week and let me just say now (for the record and all) that before anything else I might say I really do feel for this puppy and I feel so badly that he feels so terrible. I want nothing more than a full recovery for him.

Now that the disclaimer is out of the way.

Parvo is absolutely disgusting. The worst. I mean honestly, think of the absolute worst smell you've ever been unfortunate enough to come across in your life. Pretty bad, eh? Yeah okay take that smell, add some rotting fish guts, a pinch of spoiled skunk and a smear of anal glands for good measure and your awful concoction still will not even come close to the horrid stench that is Parvo. I once wrote an ode to Parvo at a time when we had two cases in hospital at once. One specific line stated, with utmost conviction, "When it comes to odor, your the worst by far. I'd rather rub my nose on the floor of a bar." Yeah, its that bad and I have to deal with it all day. Ew.

Other than that nothing much has been going on, I'm pretty boring lately it seems. I'm just about ready to buy a car, I just need one more paycheck to take from so that I can ensure that I have enough to start up an insurance policy. Damn insurance :o\ I'm just about decided on a Toyota Corolla, by the way. I guess I'm okay with it, its just definitely not what I thought I'd be getting.

No comments: