Saturday, January 26, 2008

What I'm doing

First and foremost I want to get this out of the way: the living room before:


and this is the living room now that we're done:


I don't have any other pictures of the "finished" product because I'm still in the "design" stage of the kitchen and bedrooms, though I'm nearly done with Jen's.

So friends and family have been clamoring for a "where is she now!" update since so much has gone on in the last six months or so and I'm not great at responding to email or returning calls :oX sorry.

Obviously, as hopefully everyone knows, I'm still in Tulsa. Aside from it being colder than ass its good here. We're just thawing from that wicked ice storm that knocked us down and my yard is literally COVERED in trees. So far we've lost thee 100 year old trees and we haven't even assessed the damage in our back and side yards. I took pictures the day we took the trees down, I'll have to post them someday (ha!)...

I'm still working as a vet tech and I still love it, though admitedly some days are more difficult than others. Most recently a favorites client's 10yro Huskie-Australian Shepherd cross was diagnosed with an advanced stage of Lymophosarcoma, basically non-Hodgkins Lymphoma. Its is a terminal cancer, though has a good rate of temporary remission so she should have good quality of life soon, if only for a little white :o(

Currently we also have a male cat in-hospital that presented with urinary blockage so we placed a cathetar and did some blood work, came back positive for FIV, which is Feline Immuno-deficiency Virus, feline aids. They aren't entirely sure how or why it presented as a blockage and it could be that it is a separate issue all together. As of yesterday his owner was giving him one more day to improve before making the difficult decision to euthanize because he is somehow bleeding-out from within his bladder. Its very sad.

Usually speaking though when things like this happen over and over, one after the other, there is always one incredible case that reminds me why I love this job so much, like the time we did a c-section on a dog and her puppies were failing and I literally breathed life into them with my own breath, so moving. So I'm just waiting for something like that.

On the personal front, I'm not dating anyone right now. Its kind of hard to find time to go out when you work 60 hours a week and also difficult to meet anyone working so much :o( I do have two people I'm pretty interested in though, we'll see how that plays out over the next few weeks. I feel like I need to get my own life in order though, before I bring some one new into it. I'm still a little messed up over you-know-who.

I'm about | | this close to getting a new (well new to me at least) car. I'm still totally upset about having to make payments on it but I'm hoping that I can find a decent 4d sedan for under 10k and everyone at work seems to think I can. I was talking to someone the other day and they asked me what I drove (odd question out of nowhere I might add) and I told them that my car broke down 4 months ago and I just hadn't replaced it yet and she goes "What?! Are serious? I couldn't live without a car! I have three." I think my eyes popped out of my head. People like that piss me off, royally. I work myself to the fucking bone for what I have and people who lucked into their money and don't appreciate it drive me insane. Even if I could afford it I wouldn't have three cars! Just two! *laugh* Well one with four wheel drive for the crazy winters here, and one for regular driving!

Now that I'm on the subject of money and having lots of it VS me... I did complete my goal for last years NaNoWriMo (National Novel Writing Month) I reached 50,577 by the non-existant hair on my chin, on November 28th. I continued writing though until 11:45pm on November thirtieth and reached my highest word count for nano yet: 63,401 thats like 13,401 words OVER the number you need. I was pretty proud of myself. It was my third time participating and my (if I do say so myself) worst novel ever. I wrote You'll be Okay for 2005 and Franklin's Bell for 2006. Last year, 2007, it was The Heart of Shamahley and man did it blow. It was more of a fantasy novel, set in a land I made up (Shamahley) and it was a great story line! The execution? Not so much! It was a good exercise though, in pushing my ability. I thought it would be more fun to write than it was.

I'm working on an intrim novel that I won't say too much about, except to say that its abot an Author, an Agent and a Stalker. It will be breaking away from what I'm comfortable writing which could be good or bad as I discovered in November :o) I have high hopes for it though and I plan on spending the time it takes to make it mistake free and eliminating all plot inconsitencies so that I can *gasp* finally write my queries and get published. Cross your fingers for me, its something I've always wanted and never even had the courage to think about.

Other than that I can't think of much going on in my life. I'm only 23 but I live like a freakin' 80 yro. I miss my friends in CA and all the fun we had. That being said I was looking at the Rancho alums on myspace and I was shocked how many stayed in Rohnert Park. I left in '05 and I've only been back a handful of times. I miss my friends but the town couldn't offer me what I wanted.

So I guess thats all! Time to shower, get dressed and get down to the nitty-gritty of cleaning and organizing the distaster that poses as a bedroom!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Its amazing what a little paint can do to a place. we purchased a house about 3 years ago and completely redid it, most of it was in bad 70s colors, but we worked on it for about 6 months and now it is something we are both proud of.