Monday, September 1, 2008

Who needs sleep...right?


I got the new kitten a week ago today, so he's approximately 3 weeks old now. When I got him his eyes were not even open all the way, neither were his ear and as of this weekend he's starting to play, staying awake after his meals, and today he even drank about a table spoon of formula from a saucer. Only the one time though, the second time I tried to give him a saucer he just threw a fit!! He weighs 8 1/2 oz, so just half a pound!

He is SO cute! I don't have my camera this weekend (left it at work!) but he's just a tiny little tuxedo boy. All black with white up to his hocks on his back legs, only his fingers are white on the front and his belly and chest along with a teeeeny white strip going from his chest up to his chin and into his mouth. The rest is black except his whiskers and ear hairs. I found this picture on google, so its not him, but to give you an idea:

He is SO darn cute! I named him Wyatt and he is a MAJOR stinker, but such a sweetheart! The other kitten, she's about 6 1/2 weeks old now, (the tortie) is getting along nicely, no longer really feral at all, and she'll start living at the hospital tomorrow. She's ready to find her forever home! How exciting! Bella will be pleased!!

Life for me has been the absolute polar opposite of exciting for the past week. Up until Friday night I was up every 2 hours bottle feeding Wyatt and sleeping for only 2 hours at a time (when it takes me a good 15-20min to fall asleep!) is not conducive to a happy well rested me! Now hes teething so he's sleeping poorly and wanting to chew on the nipple rather than have the bottle and its so darn frustrating! I'll say one thing about infant kittens though: EXCELLENT BIRTH CONTROL. I can't WAIT until he's eating completely on his own so I can get some freakin' rest!! I adore him though...

No comments: