Wednesday, January 9, 2008

The Lock Doc

Oh drama at work, you'll never know. I'm going to give you the very brief nut-shell idea of whats been going on with bullets and then tell you my dilemma.

  • my boss hasn't said more than 3 words to me a day, unless he's criticizing me, for about 5 weeks now. for some unknown reason he's decided to actually hate me.
  • the receptionists are having trouble with the weekend crew, mainly Bill (the guy I hung out with for a couple months) and Novis. They are treating the receptionists VERY badly and outright ignoring them alot of the time and the receptionists end up getting talked to by the Doctors when things don't go right but if the boys had listened things would have been fine.
  • Bill got in trouble last weekend for being verbally and *gasp* physically abusive to a very old dog in front of it's owner.
    • the dog wouldn't get on the scale so Bill was shoving it and kicking it and cursing at it IN FRONT OF THE OWNER. now I'm not saying this behavior would be acceptable behind the owner's back, but seriously! the owner obviously complained to Dr. P and after some cremation drama (getting to it!) Doc is really angry at the world. Did I mention that Bill is an alcoholic who comes to work hungover every day he's there? And he's late by 15-30 minutes every Saturday?
  • Pet's At Peace is only one of the two cremation companies we offer. well about 5 or 6 weeks back a lady came from Pets At Peace to drop off the ashes for one of our clients and as she was pulling out she hit another client's car HARD and peeled out of the driveway. she got stuck in traffic right outside the hospital and saw one of the receptionists checking out the damage, realized she'd seen it and came back to apologize. since then we've chosen not to use them anymore since if their employee is willing to hit and run can we trust them with our client's animal's remains? No.
    • Pets at Peace has "on accident" lost one of our client's animal's remains. they did this, for the first time, after they found out we'd no longer be recomending them. Holy Crap. They're holding Venus Rhoades hostage!!
  • ANYWAY to make an already LONG entry shorter, Doc, finding out about the Venus thing and the Bill thing on the same day was really really pissed off.
Yesterday they finally celebrated my birthday at the office. They got me a funny card (which everyone but Bill signed) and a cookie cake and treated me to any lunch I wanted. After we finished celebrating Linda, the office manager looks from Doc, the owner, to Chris, my boss, and said "Chris why don't you talk to Doc about that thing." Chris then looks at me and then to Linda and says with a hint of an uncomfortable smile "Okay, well he kinda already knows most of it." I was puzzled but didn't think too much of it until today.

In the middle of surgery I went up to the front of the office to give the receptionist an empty pill bottle so she could order us some more. She had a handful of keys. (When every some one quits or gets fired Doc changes the locks) She was handing a key to Dr. Miller and didn't give me one. I was shocked! Why wouldn't she give me a key?

I do my job. I'm there 15-20 minutes early every day and I start working when I get there even though I don't get paid until 7:30am. I am DAMN good at my job and every client who walks in the door loves me and alot of them are starting to ask for me by name. I have had three people tell me that after bad experiences with our boarding they only continue to come back with their animals because of the level of care I give their pets. I treat every one's pet as my own.

Aside from Chris every one else at the practice gets along with me. I do whats asked of me the first time and I do it with a positive attitude. Like this, literally! Dr. P will asked "Hey Amanda, can you fill this script for me?" and I'll say "Of course Dr. P! I'd love to!" and I say it funny and sunny and happy, even when I don't feel any of those things. Its funny when I say it because its obviously and exaggeration, but it always makes everyone laugh. Even unpleasant things. "Hey Amanda, can you set up this fecal (poo!! ew!!) sample for us!" and I'll take it "I can't wait!" but I don't say it rude or sarcastic. I say it with a smile. I mean, obviously I don't like poop. Ew. But still, a smile counts for something!!

Okay, I'm venting. I ended up getting a key but only Pam, the receptionist knows I got one. I'm seriously worried that I'm the one getting fired just because of how Chris is acting. I mean reading all that above, logically, it would be Bill, right? I mean I am always paranoid about getting fired so logically I know its probably not me but my boss seems like he actually hates me so I don't know. Plus his daughter wants a full time job at the clinic and I have one and she only works 2 days a week.

I don't know. Am I being retarded?

No comments: